Thursday, February 10, 2011

Assignment #3: Aesthetics and Movies


1.  Some way or another I drive my car every day.  Even if I don’t have anything in particular to do, I will hop in my car and make up an excuse to drive somewhere.  So I walk out of my tower-like dorm, cross the enormous hill, and begin searching to try to remember where I might have left “Tourie” in the sea on cars.  Once I finally find her on one of the seven floors of Bull Street, I press her key and listen to her little beep as I she welcomes me into the seat.  I place the key in the ignition and hear her roar to life.  I pull back the lever and gently press on the pedal.  The entire vehicle moves so effortlessly in tandem.  Then I pull the lever further to reach my destination of “D.”  I lay my foot on the pedal with more force and propel forward through the garage.  I maneuver carefully around the hidden turns for other cars or walkers.  Once at the gate, I whip out my Carolina Card, tap it on the black box, and zoom out on my way as soon as the gate lifts welcoming Tourie to the road. 



2.  While Pavarotti was signing in class, I was beginning to feel sleepy.  The song was both romantic and flowing, as well as, aggressive and loud.  However, I enjoyed the piece very much!
(this picture was taken with my phone so it looks much darker than it actually is!)

3.  The establishing shot of a movie is very important because it sets the tone for the rest of the movie.  It can give you a setting, background on characters or the plot, or just a way to interest the audience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment